Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday (again)

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

Well, my tackle it Tuesday project is going to move into Wednesday as I took the kids to Blue Harbor Resort for the last day of Ian's not-so-spring-break since we are all moderately healthy again. I think corraling two children by my lonesome at an indoor waterpark should qualify for my Tackle It project (either that or send me straight to the loony bin) but I will press on anyway. Today's disaster area is the dreaded kitchen pantry. Here is the shot before:
Now, as you can see, I've been blessed to have a much bigger pantry in this house than in our old house. Unfortunately, Kyra has taken ownership of the lower three shelves on both sides. I can't say that I can complain much about that. I'd rather her play with fake food than pour cheerios and other loose items all over the kitchen floor. That being said, I can hardly find anything in the top three shelves. In fact, I am certain I have a whole container of raisins in there somewhere, but I just can't seem to locate them. In addition, I have lots of "leftover" items from Kyra's "wheat-free" sentence. As Rich so eloquently put it, she'll be eating wheat-free Teddy Puffs until she's ready to be married. So, my project for this week is to come up with yet another system for organizing the pantry. Wish me luck!

WEDNESDAY UPDATE:

Well, I'm not sure if I like it any better, but I did manage to go through every shelf and purge/re-organize. It should be fun to see Rich's head spin tomorrow morning when he goes to get his cereal from the usual space. He has the hardest time "accepting" change even though he's been warned several times that the cabinet arrangement was subject to change as I get a feel for the house. I may have to look into Stephanie's tupperware suggestion in the future.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Good luck with the pantry. I definitely need to do mine, too.
I also want to wish you luck w/ your weight loss program. I just fell off the wagon with South Beach, but am trying again the first thing tomorrow. We are worth it!!!!

EBBsMum said...

If you are willing to spend a little money, I have been VERY happy with the Tupperware containers I bought to organize our pantry.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

So...how did the organizing go? I want an "after" picture! ;)