Friday, April 27, 2007

He ate something green and did not die!

So, as I am on my plan, we have been eating a lot of salads and veggies at meal times. I've never really pushed the issue of veggies with Ian due to his gag reflex. Every once in a while he will eat green beans, but that's about the extent of it. Other than that, do pickles count as vegetables?

Last week at dinner as Rich and I were eating our salads, I asked Ian if he would like to try some and I got the scrunched up, icky-faced "NO!" So I told him that it was ok for that night but that this week we were dubbing "Ian Eats A Salad" week at dinnertime. I started him out with only a few small pieces of lettuce with some dressing and let him try a new dressing each night. To my surprise, he prefers Zesty Italian to the traditional kid-friendly Western dressing. Anyhow, he has managed to eat a little bit of salad each night and has not keeled over yet! So, good job, Ian!

2 comments:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Good job, Ian! Have him come to Noah and Jack, okay?

Becca L. said...

yeah, I don't think he'd actually "recommend" it, but at least it's a start!