Saturday, April 7, 2007

Please tell me this is just a phase

I am having one of those "bad mommy" moments. Lately, Kyra breaks down into a tantrum at the slightest thing that doesn't go her way. She goes from downright a perfectly happy toddler to just plain miserable all in the span of 2.2 seconda.
The sad thing is that she isn't even 2 yet so I can't even blame it on the "terrible twos". For example, last night we colored Easter eggs. Which resulted in this tantrumall because we didn't think it would be a good idea for her to stick her hands in the blue dye with the egg. I've taken to just leaving her where she is to cry it out, but sometimes you would honestly think I am torturing the poor child. I know this too shall pass, but I am so ready for this little phase to be done!

2 comments:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Becca -- you know from my McDonalds posting on my blog that I am right there with you.

But, if it makes you feel any better, it was always my opinion (or at least with my kids) that the "terrible twos" started at around 18 months. I'll be praying for you for patience!

alg35536 said...

It is just a phase. Don't worry they all start well before they are two. My ods onced begged my mil for some candy. At that time it was making him really hyper. She wouldn't listen to me and he of course threw the biggest fit because he couldn't have his way.
She never once questioned me as to what he could have.