Friday, April 6, 2007

Do you remember when . . .

Easter was actually a holiday where people would spend it with their families and businesses remained closed? I guess I am just amazed at the number of businesses who are choosing to remain open on Easter Sunday. For instance, I was at a local videogame retailer the other day and there was a bold sign in the window stating "OPEN ON EASTER". Hallelujia! Christ is risen! Now, off to your local game store to pick up the latest shoot-em-up game. I also talked to my mom today and she told me that my dad is working 11-7 on Easter at his new job at a major retail outdoors store. I know Jesus calls us to be "fishers of men" but this is a little too much.

I am prayerful that maybe one day retailers will remember what Easter is all about, but then again, it won't be until people in general realize what Easter is all about and stop giving the retailers a reason to be open.

No comments: