Thursday, April 26, 2007

An "I Feel Old" Moment

Every night at dinner, we talk about our days and we focus a lot on what Ian did in school (since Kyra's day consists mainly of being cute and emptying her toy box). Yesterday apparently was "Law Day" in Wisconsin (which is funny because I work in a law firm and had not a clue that this day even existed). As a result, all the second grade classes in the entire city went to the courthouse (not at the same time, thankfully) to see a "trial" of the Big Bad Wolf vs. the Three Little Pigs. Apparently, the Big Bad Wolf was up against some trespassing and criminal mischief charges and the jury acquitted him.

Anyhow, Ian brought home some paperwork about "how to act" in court, so we were paging through it. One of the rules was "You can't listen to a Walkman in court." I really didn't think anything of it until Ian looked at me kind of funny and said, "Mommy, what's a Walkman?" It was one of those surreal moments where I realized that this was one of those things that he would have never experienced and all of a sudden, Rich and I felt really old. So, I told him that it was what we used to listen to music on before iPods. Ian just thought that was too funny, but now I feel really old!

No comments: