Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Good Samaritan

Yesterday, I packed up the kids and headed back to Sun Prairie for closing on our old house. Midway between Sheboygan and Fond du Lac, there was a loud bang and then the dreaded noise that no woman with two children in the car wants to hear - a flat tire.

I was literally in the middle of nowhere, so I called AAA and they told me it would be about 30-45 minutes before someone would get out to me. Kyra woke up from her nap and was not happy that we were not moving and she was stuck in her car seat. Anyhow, a car pulled up and a gentleman asked if I needed help and offered to change me tire. I was so thankful I almost cried.

It only took him about 5-10 minutes. I told him that God was looking down on us and I thanked him for stopping. As it turns out, the man was Paul Bawden, pastor of Grace Evangelical Church in Madison. He was on his way to my church for the Forest Lakes District Conference (see my tale below). He had been on his way to Manitowoc, saw us, turned his car around and came to help.

I was telling my hairdresser this story this morning and she said, "Wow, you have good karma." I told her it wasn't karma, it was God's love in action.