Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Why White?

Since Kyra's birth, my one Achilles heel (besides scrapbook supplies) has been adorable little girl clothes. I justify it to Rich by the simple fact that I dressed Ian for 6.5 years in nothing but pants, t-shirts and sweatshirts and the least he can do is indulge me in these clothes until (a) I get "over it" (highly unlikely) or (b) Kyra will no longer allow me to dress her and wants to pick out her own clothes. So, where am I going with this?

Today we went to Toddler Time at the library and Kyra was wearing one of her newer outfits (read I just cut the tags off this morning). Today's topic was "Stories about Mud" and the activity was, you guessed it, playing with "mud". Chocolate pudding to be exact. Seeing that she is wearing a white shirt, I somewhat reluctantly join a table but Kyra seemingly has no interest in dirtying her little hands with this strange pool of brown guck on a paper plate. Breathing a sigh of relief, I socialize with the other moms. But, curiosity got the better of my fair princess and wouldn't you know, the one tiny drop of chocolate pudding she put on her itty bitty finger wound up smack dab in the middle of her new white shirt! Why do I even bother?

Alas, when we got home, the shirt got an immediate dousing of Zout (which, if you have never used it, is the best stain remover known to man) and into the washer it went (there are days like this when I am thankful my home in a never-ending laundry generator). We now have a spotless white shirt again - but you won't see me (or Kyra) near chocolate pudding for a while!

No comments: