Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Time for my whap upside the head

Every once in a while, I will just be going about my business and all of a sudden God brings a verse to me when I need it most. This move has been very difficult for me to adjust to. I've been missing my old "life" and friends terribly since we've moved here. When you add in the troubles that Ian has been having at school and his teacher's instance that we "do something about it" (i.e., medicate him), I've been questioning why God led us here.

Things have been getting better though and yesterday I joined a new Bible study group at the new church. We are reading Elizabeth George's Nuturing a Heart of Humility, a character study on Mary. We were discussing how Mary completely put her trust in God even though she knew it was going to make her life infinitely more complicated. Our study leader gave us this verse from Proverbs 20:24 - "Since the Lord is directing our steps, why try to understand everything that happens along the way." It was just the whap upside the head that I needed.

1 comment:

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

God is pretty good at doing that, isn't he?