Saturday, March 10, 2007

Whose brilliant idea was this?

This morning I went to change Kyra's diapers and had to open a new package. Ever since we found that Kyra does not leak when we use Huggies Supreme, it has been our diaper of choice. When I opened the box this morning, they looked different, but I couldn't figure out why. Then it dawned on me - they changed the pictures!

Whose brilliant idea was it to start putting pictures on disposable diapers? I guess it furthers brand awareness. After all, I could tell you that if you see Disney characters, it's Huggies or if it's Sesame Street then you are a Pampers house and then Blue's Clues would obviously be Luvs. But seriously, who came up with this idea? Do the diaper people honestly think a toddler is going to "buck" the diaper because it has Winnie the Pooh instead of Elmo? Personally, several weeks of dry crib sheets is worth more than a toddler tantrum over a cartoon character. There is something to be said for "out of sight, out of mind".

1 comment:

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Seriously, how could it matter to a toddler. Mine sure doesn't care.