Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's been a bad week for thumbs

You have heard already about my recent injury (which is actually healing quite well), so I will spare you any further details. Unfortunately, Ian "decided" that he wanted a matching thumb. Yesterday we were getting ready to run into Wal-Mart and while I was getting Kyra out of her carseat, Ian slammed his right thumb in the door of the Subaru. I have to say I was quite impressed because I think I would have been howling in pain. I think he was so in pain and shock he didn't know what to do at first. He was very brave though! We got it cleaned and bandaged. Thankfully, he didn't need stitches, but he's going to lose his thumbnail (for the second time in a year!) The only complaints we have had other than some minor pain is that it has affected his Wii playing ability!

No comments: