After much pondering, this week's theme is :
13 FAVORITE WORKOUT SONGS
1. It's My Life - Bon Jovi: Since the moment I heard it, I've always considered this to be my theme song. I could honestly just put this song on repeat and run endlessly.
2. Shine - Newsboys: Besides it's obviously uplifting message, it probably has one of the best lines in music EVER (it'd make a vegetarian barbeque hamster)
3. How Far We've Come - Matchbox Twenty: just a great beat and is awesome for cycling!
4. Dive - Steven Curtis Chapman - this song makes it onto almost every one of my exercise play lists and is usually near the "end". It really helps me to dig deep and finish up.
5. How Bad Do You Want It? - Tim McGraw - the title pretty much says it all
6. The Coffee Song - Ralph Covert - you wouldn't think I would want children's music anywhere within my exercise playlist, but this song continually brings a smile to my face and is strangely fun to run to.
7. Me Lost Me Cookie At The Disco - Cookie Monster - do not knock it until you have listened to it. It takes me back to my childhood!
8. Greased Lightening - Grease Soundtrack - aaaaahhh, good old John Travolata before he went all "scientology" on us.
9. God With Us - Mercy Me - who wouldn't be inspired by this song?
10. Searching My Soul - Vonda Shepard - another song with a great beat and also brings back some good laughs thinking about Ally McBeal
11. Get the Party Started - Pink - a great song for lifting, sit-ups, etc.
12. Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue - can you tell my hairband roots are showing?
13. Bad Medicine - Bon Jovi - actually, almost any upbeat Bon Jovi song could fit in this spot. It was a hard choice between this and Born to Be My Baby.
Thanks for peeking!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants