Monday, February 26, 2007

Ian is a math magician

After Ian got home from school today, we went through our normal routine of going over his homework for the day. They are getting ready to start a new math unit and so the teacher sends home a "Family Letter" to explain what they will be learning (actually, I think it is to secretly remind parents that we need to "brush up" on our own skills so that we can help with homework). The next unit is going to be multiplication and division.

Now, Ian is extremely talented in math. He just "gets" it (and he certainly doesn't get that talent from me). So, at dinner I said, "so you are going to be doing multiplication and division - sounds like it's going to be tough." In his best exasperated voice he tells me, "Mommy, I already KNOW how to multiply and divide. I'm a math magician!" I honestly think he was trying to say "mathmatician", but it came out so cute!

And now if you will excuse me, I am going to go practice how to multiply and divide (without a calculator).

No comments: