Friday, February 9, 2007

I am quitting Thursdays

Yes, it has come to my attention that I need to avoid Thursdays all together! Last week, as I was preparing for garbage day on Friday, I tripped on the one step going out to my garage and with all the grace of one of the hippos in tutus in Fantasia, came down on my left foot at a weird angle. A few hours later, I could hardly walk and it resulted in a trip to the Urgent Care where I was x-rayed, given a set of crutches and sent on my way into the icy night. The foot healed and the crutches didn't last long (thank goodness) and I put the episode behind me.

Then yesterday I was putting away some of my recent scrapbook purchases and I decided that it was finally time to change the blade in my trimmer. Having switched blades many times before, how difficult could this task be? Well, my public service announcement for the day is to be careful - those trimmer blades are sharp! Yep, I sliced my thumb up pretty good. It's funny how something so small can hurt so much!

So, in order to prevent myself from losing a limb, I am trying to devise a plan to skip Thursdays altogether before I lose a limb. Either that or I really need to stock up on my first aid supplies!

1 comment:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Oh yuck!!! I think my stomach turned as soon as you said you were changing a blade -- I knew where it was going.

Better luck next week! LOL