Saturday, June 23, 2007

He survived skateboard camp . . .

. . . but the skooter did him in!

Ian had a 3-day skateboard camp this past week. I was really nervous about it, but I figured I would rather him learn from someone that knows what they are doing. It took place at the skateboarding park here in town. There was a park nearby so Kyra and I spent some time there after we finished running our errands. Once I got over the cringing every time he crashed (and believe me, there were quite a few of those), I was fine. He actually does pretty well for not having skateboarded a whole lot.

Anyhow, the whole point of this missive is that yesterday we went out on our evening walk. Ian likes to ride his skooter around the block and have us time him. Anyhow, it got to be a long time and he didn't come back around so Rich headed one diretion and I continued in the other when I heard it - I knew it was him from around the block. He had a nasty spill and had skinned up his knee pretty badly. By the time I got around with Kyra, the neighbor across the street had already sat him down and put ice and a bandage on it.

It just figures that he can go up and down quarter pipes with nary a scratch, but a bump in the sidewalk will do him in!

2 comments:

scrapper al said...

Poor Ian! Thank goodness for nice neighbors.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Poor little guy! :( Sidewalks can be the worst! When I was around eight, I fell on a horribly uneven sidewalk and skinned very badly (like BLOOD) my chin, both hands, and both knees. Yuck!