Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thank goodness for weather-watching kiddos!

I got off to a bit of a slow start this morning and when I got up, Ian informed me that something was wrong with our outdoor thermometer because it was reading "Lo" and not an actual temperature. Alas, it is too cold here for it to register (and that, my friends, is wrong on so many levels). In any event, the wise 10-year-old-to-be suggests that Maybe we turn on the news to see if there will be a two-hour delay. I told him I had my doubts but low and behold, not only is there no dealy, but there is no school! This is certainly a record for our school district. It's our third no-school day this school year. I just had to laugh though because I told Rich it was a good thing Ian was alert because otherwise I would have been sending him out to wait for the bus! Now, what are we goint to do today . . .

1 comment:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

All of our area schools, preschools, etc. are closed today because of the cold. They said it is our coldest day in 14 years. Brrr... (Eric, being the "principal" of the homeschool -- LOL, declared it a "snow" day for us too.)