Thursday, January 31, 2008

Slow Cooker Thursday - Ranch Beef Stroganoff




I am in the process of trying some new recipes for contribution to Slow Cooker Thursday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. I made this one last week and Rich would have licked the crock pot clean if I would have let him!

RANCH BEEF STROGANOFF

2 lbs. beef stew meat
2 - 14.5 oz cans beef broth (I used reduced sodium)
4 T dried minced onion (I used Tastefully Simple Onion Onion)
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch mix
2 8oz cream cheese (I used Neufchatel for the reduced calorie-minded)
Rice or noodles

Combine meat, beef broth, onion and dressing mix in crock pot. Cook 6-7 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. Before serving, cube up cream cheese and gradually stir in until melted (I added about 1/4 at a time). Serve over rice or noodles.

6 comments:

EBBsMum said...

Oh. My. That sounds DELISH! Trying it this weekend!

Sandra said...

Wow that sounds good....thank you for sharing :)

Stephanie ODea said...

mmmm. I love cooking with cream cheese.
-steph

Anonymous said...

This looks really good. Thanks for sharing!


MJ

Betsy said...

Sounds very good!

jennwa said...

Oh my that sounds wonderful. Another great recipe I will have to try. Thanks.