Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year/New Me

Wow! 2008! I remember when I used to laugh at high school letterman's jackets with '00 on the sleeve. It made my '92 seem like a breeze! Of course, now we're not quite but almost to the end of a decade. Time really does fly!

For the first time in ages, my new year's resolution does not involve losing weight. For the first time in my life that I can remember, I am actually in my "ideal" weight range for my frame size. Again, I never thought I'd see that day happen. Of course, some of my new year's resolutions are health related - I need to maintain my weight and tone up. I am not going to let this hard work go to waste.

Along with physical exercise, how about some spiritual exercise? I am making a consistent effort to study the Word every day and Ian and I have also started a family devotional which will hopefully help him develop great disciplines.

Oh, and I've also resolved to make real efforts to do things I have never before in my life. The first of these will take place on Sunday, February 24th. I will be participating in my first triathalon. Granted, it's an indoor triathalon, but who would have thought this former couch potato would ever have undertaken such an event. I'm training now and it is whooping my booty but I can't wait to cross the finish line!

No comments: