Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Dory Kind of Day


Finding Nemo is one of my favorite Disney movies of all time. There are so many great one-liners that I can so often apply to my life and besides that, it makes me laugh.

I am going to make the broad presumption that most of my readers (seeing that most of you have children) have seen Nemo. Remember the part where Dory remembers P. Sherman's address - 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney? She's just so excited and shouts it to the ocean for everyone to hear. Now, Marlin, her counterpart, wants her to be quiet, but it's quite an amazing feat for her so she keeps on.

Today I was doing my Bible study. We're currently talking about frustration. In fact, we were supposed to talk about it this past week, but we got hung up on the previous topic of anxiety (hmmm, I wonder why God has put me in this study?) So, since I read the chapter already, I've been digging a little deeper into the Word and reflecting. And here's what I came across:

On the very day I call to you for help, my enemies will retreat. This I know: God is on my side. -Psalm 56:9 (NLT)

Now, admittedly, I should already know that God is on my side but I just want to be like Dory and shout it to the world. So I am - by way of my blog (and Facebook too since I link this to there).

Now get out there people and just keep swimming!

1 comment:

Jess said...

loved this entry :) you shout it out girl-God's truths need to be heard-so loud and clear, over and over again.