Monday, June 23, 2008

A Timely Reminder

I just had one of "those" mornings. Actually, it didn't start out too bad. We went to the library and the kids were really well-behaved. I even got some reading done myself. Afterward, we headed to the grocery store. I've really tried to consolidate my shopping into a once-a-week trip and I have a system that works pretty well. Kyra was doing pretty well up until the end when I realized I had forgot a couple of items on my list. She wanted to get out of the cart which, in retrospect, was fatal mistake number one. I let her help put the last two items in the cart and proceeded to checkout. She wanted to "help" put the things on the belt but it turned ito a "let's throw the things on the floor" instead. I gave her a choice to either help nicely or go back in the cart. She defiantly threw something else on the floor, so I fought her back into the cart and belted her in. It was too late to just leave so I just let her scream. Yep, I was THAT mom. I just wanted to crawl into my skin and hide. I held my ground and didn't give in to the screaming though. Still, I came home wiped out and ready to cry. I even snapped at Ian who was actually very good through the whole ordeal.

After taking quite a few deep breaths (I put Kyra down for her nap immediately upon our return), I sat down to do my current bible study. My reading was Psalms 127:1-2 but many of you know the verse that follows immediately thereafter:

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him. Psalm 127:3

I shouldn't find it amazing that the Lord is with me even when I am at a low but I do rejoice that He also finds the right words to comfort me when I am down - even when I'm not necessarily looking for them.

3 comments:

Margie said...

Sorry that you had such a rough day. Remember, this too shall pass.

Mandi Miller said...

The Word always brings me back to Him in all things! THat scripture made you think about the situation differently, right! God is Good!!!!

And, we're trying to grocery shop once every two weeks. That's a challenge to do with the twins! I know and feel your pain!

Jess said...

i think it is awesome to see how loving and faithful the Lord is. :) i am glad you were blessed in your time with Him.