Sunday, June 15, 2008

Looking ahead

So, here I am one day post-10K and it dawns on me that I really have nothing to "train" for. I don't think I particularly need to have a specific goal in mind when it comes to exercising, but it does motivate me a little more to get up at 5:00 a.m. and get that workout in. After a little poking around, I believe I am going to participate in the Sheboygan Brat Trot.

Admittedly, it is a little strange to be running at an event structured around fattening, beer-soaked sausages, but it does benefit a good cause - diabetes research. As a bonus, there is a 2-mile family walk so Rich will be able to participate with the kids.

It's too bad the race starts at 8:00 a.m. though as the "headliner" the night before is none other than Slaughter (which brings back way too many big-hair, concert-t-shirt wearing memories than I care to remember). Somebody hold me back!

No comments: