Friday, March 14, 2008

The Joy of 2



We are having a "heat wave" here. Temperatures are into the 40s and the snow is finally beginning to melt. Last night after dinner, we decided to go for a walk. Rich rolled his eyes when I pulled out Kyra's new springtime boots. How was I to resist these adorable pink butterfly boots from Target? Besides, Kyra loved them even BEFORE she knew what fun they would be! She could not believe we would readily allow her to stomp through the puddles. She got a little carried away and actually fell down a couple of times to which she said "Wow! That's really cold!" and "Hey! I'm all wet!" Still, the walk was way more fun than it was traumatic because she was asking me to go for a walk with her boots as soon as I set foot in the door this morning.

It's moments like these that help me to realize that even though being a mom of a terrible-two-year-old can be frustrating and exhausting at times, experiencing my darling curly-top taking her first pre-spring rainy romp makes it all worthwhile.

Now, where can I find me a pair of those boots in my size?

2 comments:

scrapper al said...

How fun!!! Great photo of Kyra! And if you find the boots, I want a pair too. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.