Monday, January 22, 2007

H*** has truly frozen over!

As a Bears fan, I've always lived in the past, remembering the glory days of the '85 Bears and the Superbowl Shuffle. It's hard to believe than you can cling to 20+ year old memories because the team has been an utter disappointment for the most part since then. When I went to college in Indiana, I became a Colts fan as well. To quote Duke Tomatoe, "Lord, Help Our Colts!" has been a mantra. When they were finally so pathetic that they were able to have the number one overall draft pick and chose Peyton Manning, a faint glimmer of hope arose.

Alas, season after season, I've watched as both of my teams had such promise (the Colts much more so than da Bears) and then choke when it came to the playoffs. My husband would ask me who I would root for if they ever played in the Superbowl and I just laughed! I seriously believed it would be a cold day in h*** before that would ever happen.

Well, it must be awfully frosty down there! Bears vs. Colts in the Superbowl - somebody pinch me to make sure I'm not dreaming!

No comments: