Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Enumerating my quirkiness

Anyone who really knows me can tell you that aside from my husband and my kids, my true passion is scrapbooking. I don't think a day goes by where I don't think about it in one way, shape or form. I'be been "scrapbooking" as it is know in today's day and age since Ian was born almost 8 years ago, but I also used one of those old red scrapbooks when I was in elementary school. In fact, it's still in my possession (and a good example of why you want to use ONLY archival quality materials for a scrapbook).

For the past 8 years, my scrapbooks have consisted mainly of pictures of my kids. Since I am the one behind the camera, you will find very few pictures of me on my layouts. So, this year, with the encouragement of others, I am finally creating a "Book of Me". Each week, there is an "assigned" topic to help get you started. The first two weeks, were a good way to get me "into" working on this new type of layout for me. However, this week I was thrown for a loop by the topic - 10 Reasons I Should Love Myself. When I read that, I couldn't think of one, let alone ten - talk about depressing!

So, last night, I just started brainstorming and I realized that I am a pretty quirky person and it is those quirks that make me who I am. So, without further ado, here are the 10 REASONS TO LOVE MY {QUIRKY} SELF:

10. I have a photographic memory when it comes to trivia yet I can't remember where I put my keys 5 minutes ago.
9. I can watch Sixteen Candles and still laugh just as hard as the first time I saw it.
8. I can suck Jello from a spoon in the blink of an eye to the delight of my children.
7. My husband married me knowing full well that I was a little cracked.
6. I am the only person I know who has an irrational fear of kidney beans.
5. No matter how hard I try not to, I always say "up" after I hiccup.
4. I refused to eat Chinese food for the first 18 years of my life and now I could eat it every day.
3. I possess almost 6 feet of paper but I'll never have that perfect match for the project I'm working on.
2. My college degree is in French and Political Science but I prefer to spend my days singing Veggie Tales songs and watching Sesame Street.
1. God loves me despite my imperfections.

2 comments:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Oh my gosh! I am glad that I didn't just wake everyone up in my house. I just let out a quick, but very loud, laugh about the kidney beans. LOL!!!

Oh, and I totally agree with you that despite my degrees, I really prefer to spend my time at home with my kiddos. Being a Mom has been the most rewarding (and tiring) thing I have ever done.

scrapper al said...

Love your list!