Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A nice way to start the day

I have to admit, when I got the crazy idea to get up and walk before the kids were up and going, I didn't know how long it would last. Then, I missed a couple of days last week because Rich went out of town and I found that even though I didn't have to get up, I got up anyway and kind of missed those 45 minutes of quiet time.

Anyhow, it was very humid here yesterday. In fact, when they showed our city on the map on the "dew point" index, ours was the only city in the area in the "oppressive" category. This morning though, it wasn't too bad, but you could tell it was still humid - so humid, that if you looked up in the clouds as you were heading east toward the lake, there was the tiniest sliver of a rainbow. It really energized me and made me give thanks to God for allowing me the opportunity to start another great day!

No comments: