Thursday, March 12, 2009

Verses Revisited

I have several favorite Bible verses that I turn to like "old friends" for encouragement in my daily walk. Each one holds special meaning for me yet they are sometimes so "familiar" that I don't take the time to dig in to the text. It's kind of like eating the icing off a piece of cake without tasting the cake. Without said cake, there would be no reason for the oh-so-sweet frosting.

Today I turned to Philippians 4:6(NLT): "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done."

Isn't that nifty? Kind of like a little worry-wart checklist. I can check off A, B, C & D whenever I get in a lurch or life comes at me like a Mack truck. Comforting to know God gives me such a good "To Do" list to keep at the ready. Yes, but read on, Becca, you are forgetting why you are going through this checklist!

"If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7 (NLT; emphasis added)

Yes, God is good! I may still be a frosting girl at heart, but I need to get some of the cake with the frosting to realize why it is soooooooooooooooo good!

1 comment:

Margie said...

Yes, one of my favorites as well. If in need of a fix, remember Philipians 4:6.