Saturday, November 29, 2008

OH! Christmas Tree!


As is our tradition, we set out on Friday to cut down our Christmas tree. Since moving here, we had yet to find the perfect "tree farm" so we set out this for Drumm's Christmas Trees in Maribel. It was perfect and we will be making this our Christmas tree home from here on out.

Finding the perfect tree is very much an obsession of mine. Though we have found some awesome trees in years past, other years the trees have turned out to be, well, quite ugly once they arrived home. We were very impressed with the different varietyies and sizes of trees and I knew we could go a little larger than what you typically will find on a tree lot. NOw, that being said, I am a horrible judge of "actual size". I just cannot see spacial relation when a tree is outside compared to when you bring it in the house. And thus, I fell in love with this tree.

As you can see from the picture, it is indeed a little -um- large. Ricih asked me if I wanted to move the ladder out of the way before taking the picture, but I think it gives a better idea as to the enormity of the tree. In fact, I had to take a break from decorating it yesterday because we ran out of lights! I ended up at Wal-Mart this morning to get a few more strands. I'm thinking (rough estimate) that there are close to 4,000 lights on this tree. I will have to say though, it is by far the prettiest tree we have ever brought home. I'll be sure to post pictures once it is all decorated which is tonight's "little" project.

1 comment:

Margie said...

Oh it is lovely and puts our little artificial tree to shame. Can't wait to see it up close.