Saturday, December 13, 2008

Memories of Grandma

I have always loved baking around the holidays. Honestly, there is more sugar in my house this time of year than any other as I make oodles of different kinds of cookies for gifts as well as school and office celebrations. I've tried out a couple of new recipes this year, but there are some that are "standards" in my book and this is the only time of year I make them

Today, I broke out my Grandma's decadent chocolate chip cookie recipe. Beware - these are NOT for the calorie conscious! It reminds me why I only make them once a year because (a) my Kitchenaid really gets a workout from them and (b) they seem to call and beckon me at all hours.

I always loved to cook and bake with Grandma, so it is extra special for me this year that Kyra has taken such an interest in baking. Yes, I can usually get things done quicker without her, but these are truly moments that I am going to treasure in my heart for years to come. It's hard to believe Grandma went to meet the Lord almost nine years ago this month, but I know I'm keeping her memory with me by passing these recipes on and I'm praying that the sweet smell of these cookies reaches her up in heaven.

No comments: