Monday, May 19, 2008

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time

So my Tuesday/Thursday instructor at the Y has talked me into running the Bellin Run with her in June. Having successfully completed the Crazy Legs 8K last month, a 10K really isn't too much of a stretch since it's only a little over a mile longer than Crazy Legs. Of course, now that I've actually sent in my registration, my mind is starting to panic - mainly with thoughts of death at around mile #4.

To conquer my irrational thoughts, I chose to run my own personal 10K this morning. I'm actually quite pleased with the results and I only had a minor "it would be ok to quit now" thought right around five miles. So, now I know that I do indeed have the endurance for the 10K but man are my muscles screaming at me now! OUCH!

No comments: