Wednesday, October 10, 2007

So memorable I can still taste it!

I was just responding to a question of the day at Lifetime Moments about what my favorite type of cake was. Actually, I can do without the "cake" portion of cake - just give me a good buttercream frosting and I will be in sugar-shock heaven. But there I go on a tangent again.

Anyhow, the question got me thinnking back to the days of my *ahem* youth and the best darn cake of all time - the banana cake with buttercream frosting from Patty Cake Bakery in Griffith, Indiana. Words cannot describe exactly how yummy the buttercream frosting was on this cake. It is making my mouth water just thinking about it.

Sadly, Patty Cake went out of business years ago along with my hopes and dreams of ever obtaining the recipe of this much beloved frosting and cake. I guess it's just as well - my hips don't need it!

No comments: